Tonight I put together this little illutsration for Autumn, and I know we aren't even out of August yet but I can't help but feel excited. It is my favourite time of year for fashion and high street stores have started to stock for the new season. I wanted to write a little post on my favourite things about Autumn and i'd love you to share yours in the comments.
1. The smell in the air. A weird one I know, but I LOVE the freshness Autumn seems to have, the slight chill in the mornings and evenings and the smell of nature. People having bonfires and fireworks, brings me back to my childhood and happy times.
2. Fashion and layering. My favourite season is Autumn because I feel most comfortable when layering clothing and wearing tights! I become a lot more creative with colours and styles during these months.
3. Cosyness. I love being slightly chilly and wrapping up in a soft blanket or jumper, with some slipper socks and a cup of tea. I feel my most at home and comforted with these things and a feeling of content being at home. In comparison in the summer I always want to be out doing things but in Autumn is when I really appreciate my home.
4. The lead up to Christmas...yes i'm sorry I said it (and SO early)!! But lets just admit it, I am a child still and I can't help but look forward to it. The pretty lights, the music, shopping in London, time off work, seeing my family and presents!!
5. Crunchy leaves. OH YES, not only are the leaves beautiful colours but the crunch under your feet is so satisfying. Autumn is a season for the senses and I enjoy all of them, especially the food and drinks - i.e PUMPKIN LATTES AT STARBUCKS.
6. Halloween. I love dressing up and planning my costume ages in advance so I always end up going a bit ott, but for me its a chance to be creative and make things. Did you see my DIY last year?
What are your favourite things? Let me know in the comments!