As promised here is another Christmas DIY present Jar, a perfect last minute yet thoughtful gift. This one is for foodie lovers and I personally would love to receive something like this. If you aren’t the best baker, than that’s okay because this is so easy to do and doesn’t require any fancy kitchen tools. I hope you enjoy the steps and let me know if you make something similar using the hashtag #PaigeJoannaDIY
What you will need for the ginger bread:
– Plain Flour
– Unsalted Butter
– Golden Syrup
– 1 egg
– Brown fine sugar
– Shaped cutters (smaller ones)
– Decoration icing pens
All ingredients can be found in this recipe here, which is the one I followed when making them.
1. Weigh out your ingredients and pre-prep as much as you can. I like to put all my dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls ready, but of course this creates more washing up!
2. Mix all your dry ingredients together in a big mixing bowl, making sure you sift the flower. It should look like bread crumbs, this was my attempt!
3. Mix in the wet ingredients and mix together, roll in some cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
4. Pre-heat your oven to 180C/Gas 4, line your baking trays with grease proof paper and Dust your surface with flower. Roll out your mixture to about half a cm thickness and cut out your shapes. Little tip; when you cut them lift the shape up with the cutter to move it to the tray, to keep it’s shape!
5. Once baked they should be a nice golden brown, leave to cool for as long as possible so the icing doesn’t melt. Then decorate and get creative with faces, sweeties or whatever you like.
What you will need for jar:
– Medium/Large Jar – Tiger £3
– Grease proof paper
– Packing string
– Lace Ribbon
– Candy Cane (wrapped)
– Glue gun (not pictured)
1. Mark and cut out grease proof paper to line the bottom of the jar.
2. Cut a size of lace ribbon to fit the bottom of the jar and glue on.
3. Make sure your Gingerbread icing is dry and choose your favourite ones to fit in the jar!
4. Write your note on the tag and use the brown string to attach it to the jar, tie it onto the metal clamp.
And that’s it complete! This one is SUPER easy but makes such a cute gift for anyone who loves gingerbread. You can be as creative as you like with it, the more the merrier and the more thoughtful. Remember to tag me #PaigeJoannaDIY if you have a go yourself.
See the previous DIY here.