It’s nearly wedding season which means lots of happy brides getting excited and making finishing touches to their special day. As a recent bride in May 2019 I know how fun it is to create personalised touches to make decorations have a special finishing touch. With that in mind, I have collaborated with Swizzels to create a craft tutorial inspired by the nostalgic and much loved sweet, Love Hearts! The craft tutorial is to make fabric Bride and Groom envelopes, perfect for styling on your dinner table. Keep reading to find out more.
Love Hearts sweets are the most romantic treat anyone could have on their wedding day. Swizzels have a wedding section to shop from on the website which includes great products perfect for your day. With mini packet sizes great for favors, with personalised messages, ‘Just Married’ slogans and loads more. I went for the personalised giant Love Hearts for place name settings and I chose to have Mr. and Mrs. Watts on the wrapping to personalise them. I also got a Bridesmaid, Mum, Dad, and Nan wrapped packets as well, but you can literally choose anything. I think personalisation is so lovely and based on my wedding day, things like this are what your guests will love and remember.
DIY Fabric Love Hearts Bride & Groom Envelopes
This DIY is perfect for putting your Love Hearts wedding favors inside or for friends that are getting married. They are really easy to make and don’t require many materials. In total, the 2 took about 2 hours from start to finish.
What you need:
Pale Blue Cotton half a meter
Scrap floral fabric cotton half a meter
Cricut (or hand-cut if you don’t have one)
Iron-on vinyl in pink & lilac (I used scraps)
How to make:
1. Measure the floral fabric 30x30cm and cut 1 per envelope and also interfacing the same size. Iron on the interfacing.
2. Edge the squares with a zigzag or overlocker
3. Mark the centre with a pencil
4. Using a small bowl to draw a circle on the blue cotton (roughly 20cm circumference), then add a seam allowance. Cut 4 of these (2 per envelope).
5. Using the Cricut Design Space if you have this, you can use my heart design here. Or if doing this by hand you can draw directly on the back of the vinyl to hand cut. Once cut iron onto one good size of the blue circles.
6. Cut interfacing the same size as the circles and iron on the piece that hasn’t got the vinyl heart design on.
7. Place the right sides of the circles together and stitch from the bottom all the way around and leave about 2 inches open. Turn the circle the right way and stitch about 2 mm the unfinished edge.
8. Iron all the seams as well as the envelope by placing the corners in the center.
9. Hand stitch the envelope together and then the circles onto the front.
That’s it! Super easy to make and they are so effective. You could use them for any gifts but they’re especially perfect for weddings. I’d love to see if you make them for your wedding day or if you have Swizzels Love Hearts as your wedding favors or gifts. To celebrate leap year, Swizzels are offering 16% off all Love Hearts orders placed between February 14th and February 29th 2020. Just use the code ‘W16’ at the check out.